Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chick Picks


We lost 6 chicks. 4 were just too weak. 3 eggs were duds. Ants got into the nest. Miss Priss kicked the babies out of the nest last night sometime. When I went out to check them this morning Priss was under the 2 tier nest box. I was so sad to see just 2 chicks with her. But I heard MUCH more peeping than 2 chicks could possibly make! Deven and I searched everywhere for for them! He'd go outside and hear nothing. We pulled the box off the wall and found a hole they fell thru!. We had to take the siding off the hen house. There we found 4 chicks!!! I set them near Priss hoping she would take them. She clucked at them like they were bad little children for wandering off rofl and then they proceeded to crawl under where it was nice and cozy warm :) Aren't they just the cutest things! They only come out in ones and twos so far. I can't wait till they start following her around like the little ducklings do ;) It's been an eggciting couple of days haha

1 comment:

textilejunkie said...

So wee and so cute! Congratulations chicken momma :)