Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Band?!

So Friday Derek comes home and tells us he dropped Food/Nutrition class for Band...And its a done deal. Eek! He hasn't played an instrument in 4yrs! "Oh and he needs to be at the football game at 6pm to help setup. Is that ok?" He was so hyped up and excited. He didn't even have an instrument yet. I wasn't prepared. I thought we were going to the school to get his notebook he left in keyboarding class. I hadn't clued in on "the game" for some reason. Game didn't start until 7:30pm! Next time I'll come prepared with a knitting/crochet project or a book ;). We saw our neighbors...The only people we knew there. lol We had a good time though. Derek looked like he was having a great time down there on the line with his friends. Next time he'll be marching with them! Speaking of marching. He had practing last night fot 2hrs at school. His teacher told Phillip the school provides the instument, we provide the mouthpiece. I still don't know what he's playing... Baratone or French Horn.... Derek finally told me before he left this morning. Maybe he'll know today.

No comments: