Monday, February 4, 2013

Crochet Crazy

I have started the year crochet crazy!
Every project so far is crochet. I am on my 4th one!
This one is the most complicated yet. A circular pineapple lace afghan.
This is row 15 of 37 of the pattern Exploded Pineapple Afghan by Doris Chan

I used to hate pineapples because they NEVER came out right. But I figured if my Gma could choose a pineapple pattern to LEARN crochet on surely I can do this pattern. Especially since I learned from my Mom and my Gma's Mom as a little girl! :)

Before this I finished a Cluster Ripple baby afghan that I made up.

A Sunflower Afghan Kit that I purchased in 2008!





And finally a Ripple Star Baby Afghan with the remaining yarn from the above kit!

When I am finished with the pink pineapples I am going to make me a pair of purple socks. Then start on Logan, Deven and Derek's Christmas Coupons.

Every year they get a handmade gift. This year is the 1st time it didn't happen. So I made coupons.

Deven is the only one that stuck to the guidelines. He asked for Fingerless Gloves. (he's wanted them for a while. Too bad we had a mild winter...) He chose my zombie yarn from the "Wall o' Yarn".

Logan chose a new crochet afghan. (His fell apart in the laundry and has had it since he was 3-4yo) This one will look like a quilt pattern. About queen size. Walnut Brown/Forest Green/Beige

Derek... Derek has cashed in the Dr Who scarf. He is thrilled! Now he needs to decide on colors and yarn. I think I will crochet it. Would love to weave it if I could, but there is NO room to warp it :( Huge sad.

No comments: