Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Snakes!




Here is a picture of what "might" be mullberries and a close up of the back half of the snake

I was walking to a tree to show Phillip and ask him if he thought it was a mulberry tree, and he jerks me in another direction! Can you believe there was a snake in that tree just sitting there?! It looked like a rattlesnake w/o a rattle. So he shot it then he spent several hours on the internet looking for some info on what kind of snake it was and if it was poisonous. Come to find out it was a Texas Rat Snake. Not poisonous but aggressive. Had I kept walking it would/could have bitten me in the face. Talk about trauma. I don't do trauma well at all. Oh yea....This is the 2nd snake in two days for us. Last one was a garter snake both have been fairly long ones.

No comments: