Thursday, July 24, 2008

I wish Summer was over already!

Grasshoppers are killing the garden. Not that it was putting much food out anyway ;)
It's hot!
I like it cooler... like Spring and Fall.
The water tank has dried up practically. We're in a drought...Guess it's a good thing I didn't have fish put in it lol So we have a plastic bin up by the house for the goats to get water from. This weekend we go to the feed store to get a real water tub for them.


Did I mention I have a chicken addicted to dry cat food? I caught her the other day. She makes a b-line for the porch every morning to see if the cat has food in her bowl. She goes nuts. You can't just make get off the porch either... you have to pick her up and remove her to another part of the yard! She tried to eat the dogs food last night. He just kept sticking his butt in her face haha. When his bowl was empty he walked away. Poor poor Honey, nothing left for to have. You would think we starved her the way she acts with the cat food. Amazing.


On a side note I finished my first 2 ply handspun yarn on the spinning wheel. My friends tell me it looks like "art yarn". Phillip and the kids say "no way!". I think I have enough to make a warm funky hat. If not I can use the purple single ply I made as a 1st try to finish it off with.

No comments: