Friday, July 11, 2008

It's here!!!

This is a Kromski Polanaise. Isn't it beautiful?! I love it. Phillip put it together for me. I watched the video and came back to tell him what to do and he had already done it! He had "the picture" LOL I chose the Mahogony finish. That purple you see on the bobbin is the same stuff from my spindle. It took FOREVER, but I untangled the mess. I think I am spinning to thickly. I want thin! But that is the excitement talking. Supposedly I can do many thicknesses on this wonderful machine.


And in all honesty I suck at spinning right now. I have broken the leader thread SO many times last night. then the bobbin wouldn't wind. The roving would just spin tighter and tighter and snap! The leader breaks again. It's set on double drive. The video says I can have scotch drive but it didn't say how. My friend "Anonaesq" on Ravelry sent me to Pacific Wool and Fiber for instructions so I can set it up. Hopefully it will make things a little easier. I also ordered a spinning book. It's just not here yet. Too bad I don't know anyone close by that can say "Hey! you did that wrong, do it this way."


Here is what I did get done last night

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very cool! Sounds complicated but how fun once you get it all figured out.

Did you know you are next to me on the blog ring? ;) I just discovered that today. Will visit more often.