Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Hats are In!

I had forgotten that I gave the PO Box as an address. I gave it because we were in the HUGE move to our new place. And here I was sitting all afternoon waiting for the mail lady to deliver the dreaded package. Knowing I was going to "be the one" knocked out of the competition. Instead here comes Deven walking down the drive with a pile of junk mail. I thought I was in the clear. Then on the way to Lou's 80th birthday dinner we stopped at post office. I received a fabulous red hat from UnfinishedKnits today (5:03PM). It seems my hat was delivered to her at 2:30pm so I get to go to the next round. Deven claimed it. It's his most favorite color.

Dinner was really good. My plate anyway. All the boys said no mushrooms, they got mushrooms. Derek is allergic. David has Celiacs (nephew) he ordered gluten free. It came with gluten. And Derek's desert has tree nuts in the brownie (he's allergic) so he had to skip the brownie. The boy is almost 16. In the case of the dessert he should have read the menu description. All in all we had a wonderful time. Its too bad everyone is leaving Friday morning. I love it when they come to visit. They are so well loved here. Hopefully they will still get to come back for Christmas vacation. Then we will have time to visit :D

No comments: