Sunday, March 2, 2008

I Love Ravelry!

I spend WAY too much time there too!!! Wow at the great people and all the great info. I joined "Socks Anonymous" the other night. I thought it would give me incentive to use up some of this sock yarn I have stashed away. Boy was I right! This months goal is to make a pair of Entrelac or a pair from a Pattern by Ann Budd. I found an Ann Budd pattern I liked and it will be great for some yarn I bought for the boys. Looks like Logan will be the lucky guy first. The yarn is Sock it to Me from Elann.com in Forest Green His favorite color is green so this works out pretty good for him. The pattern is the Diagonal Rib Sock. It got the "guy" approval from hubby so all is good to start ;) I wanted to try the Entrelac as well but couldn't find a pattern I liked /cry. But the really cool thing is there is a March Mystery Sock this month in the "Sockdown" at "Socks Anonymous". Guess what? Its Entrelac!! So I'm going to make a pair :D The lucky yarn is from Knit Picks. Its discontinued. (I've had it a long time.) Sock Garden Star Gazer Lily 100% Merino. It's Super soft. Several shades of pink and a teeny bit of pale pale yellow. (It's the top right picture). I'll be using #2 dpns on this. I have to start knitting this month and be finished by April 30. I can do this. I can...

Did I mention I am also in Yarn Smackdown? It starts March 19th. It's a hat "war" one on one. I think sign-ups end the 15th. You can knit or crochet. There is a yahoo loop for that if anyone is interested in joining it with me. yarnsmackdown@yahoogroups.com Or you can join in at Ravelry

Time to go cast on some socks!

No comments: