Friday, August 1, 2008

Are you ready for school?

We almost are.
I won my ebay auction for Logan's history/geography. He'll be learning Winter Promise's American Story part1. The rest is easy we continue where we left off at the end of last year. :D

Deven and I haven't decided on yet on if he is going to do the Ancients or an in depth 1yr American history. After we figure that out, then I can search out the big deals. ;) He needs to take a placement math test. He's hoping to place the same or higher than Derek LOL. It's a European math program. So things are more integrated. Algebra, Geometry, etc are used every year, all year long instead of split into separate years. Deven is also waffling between Earth/Space Science and Life Science. The rest we continue where we left off.

Derek is going to be in the 11th grade this year! Can you believe it?! He will be in Driver's Ed. Civic's, Spanish, American Literature, Most of Year 11 History/Literature/Biographies from Old Fashioned Education, his Language Arts will continue from last year. I'm thinking Psychology might be a good elective if I can find a good book for him. And perhaps Economics. He wants Computer Science or Physics for his 3rd Science credit. I just need to find the books! Many are on line just waiting for me to hit print or buy for $2......I just know it ;-)
Wait! when is the big library sale? that's where I found most of last years books.....

If the boys go on a reading frenzy I'll look at the suggested reading at Ambleside Online or hit the used book store and let them find their own books :)

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

If anyone in your family likes reading fantasy novels, may I suggest one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action adventure story which you can preview by reading the two sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting. I'd be delighted if you read my book and enjoyed it, but whatever happens, best wishes.