Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School again. HUGE flip flop

Part of the reason it's taking so dang long to decide on what to pick or do is, Deven has been waffling back and forth all summer about going to school this year. We keep telling him "Fine go." Then he changes his mind again. So yesterday afternoon we all went to town to "see the school". This town is 1100 people large according to Google. All 3 schools are together. Middle School is a new one. Band camp was going on there, and the Asst Principle gave us a tour. A gaggle of giggling girls followed us around and finally started to talk to Derek and Deven. It was really funny. The girls ranged from 13-15. One ran off to tell a friend about the boys and came rushing back all embarrassed. When I looked over there were 3 more girls looking through the glass window. haha. My boys are clueless! They think they might want to go to school this year haha. And Deven says he may try out for football. From what I understand they don't care if he can play or not. He's 6ft 2in. in the 8th grade! The other kids are not ;) I hope it goes well for Derek. His experience last time was scary aweful at KISD. I don't foresee any "gang activities" in a small town. But we'll talk to the High School Principal anyway about those sort of things when he is there. Logan is wants to try too. They are going to place him in the special ed program. (have to get paperwork from old school). With the school being small, it's integrated up to a point. After that he would be bussed to Academy. He'll still have to be after-schooled. He does well with schedules because of his Asperger's. It's the being away from home all day I'm not too sure about. It took 3 months to integrate last time he was in public school. I really hope it is quicker this time. I want this to be trauma free.... For everyone. I count this as being the first time for me being home alone ever since kids. Last time doesn't count. I don't remember it. My old medicine did that. I don't remember alot. It dawned on Phillip last night before bed that I would be alone. He still worries about seizures. It's been over 3 years now, almost 4. And Logan may only be gone 1/2 days. Depends on the testing and how the special ed program works. I am hoping for full integration program, but it may not happen. There are several delays. Age wise he is 6th grade. But when is he was in KISD he was 1 yr behind. They wanted to hold him another yr behind but he is a big boy and he had an IEP. So they said they would pass him and give him another IEP. It's a toss up right now if he will be 5th or 6th grade. They will use the test and his size to determine. School starts the 25th. Which coincidentally was when I was going to start anyway. But now I feel rushed. They all have shoes. Some of the correct school supplies. Now I need to make sure they enough nice clothes to wear.

Rogers is alot like Douglass only smaller. The grainery is next to the train tracks. I even saw a little mexican restaurant on the corner when we drove into town :) We'll have to drive around there some more, but I doubt they have a Pizza Hut ;)

No comments: