Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week in review Wednesday



I'm a day late. ;)
Deven and Logan had testing yesterday and that took up 1/2 the day. They go back to finish tomorrow. Derek wants to go to the High School here. It looks smaller than Jenna's. I think his class would have a total of 65. I graduated with 334! So now I am having to wrack my brain on what he has been learning for the last 3 years. I do not remember a lot. My medicine really did do a number on me memory wise. The kids don't like to discuss it, but when I can get it out of them I was "pretty dang slow". No wonder I thought I was going bonkers when I was coming off it to switch over to Topomax.....But I digress. Derek has to go to the High School and take the 1st 1/2 of the TAKS test tomorrow morning. I'm not worried about him taking tests. It's him writing an essay that bothers me. He just cannot sort his thoughts quick enough. I hope he doesn't freeze on that part. Phillip says he doesn't mind if Derek gets put in the 10th grade instead of the 11th. I think he will be bored to DEATH. But maybe not. High School is different than Middle and Elementary. We'll just wait and see what the tests say.

We got approval to get an appointment for a pediatric psychologist for Logan to get a firm diagnosis on Aspergers and/or any other LD's there may be. Now to find one. The yellow pages aren't being much help. Dr. ofc isn't aloud to make this referral for us, "its a private matter", they said.

I've dyed yarn. 414 grams worth. I was going for camo. It came out green and pink. The dyes split somehow. So instead I have "Briar Rose" soon to be in my store. While Zander was here we dyed 463 grams of Corriedale roving with koolaid. First time ever to dye roving. Koolaid was safest with an 18mo around. AND was first time to steam dye. That was fun. My spinning is getting more consistent and stays around worsted weight.

Of course Phillip is on call. Good news is they have a new guy now so in a couple months he gets to share ;)

No comments: